Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Raw Ba Cho Mee!

As I write this, I'm staring proudly at my invention today - Raw Ba Cho Mee with Ketchup! This must be the first raw version of Ba Cho Mee in Singapore & Asia!

Seriously, it does not make alot of sense to be emotional over a bowl of noodles.... except for the fact that:
1)It is raw
2)It is organic vegan (yes even the ketchup)
3)It is the first Raw version of a local dish!!

Because the Science of Live Foods is so relatively new, there has been a lack of recipes which resemble our familiar Singapore hawker fare. But there will be alot more coming up in the near future - as myself (and other fellow live foodists too) continue to invent new dishes!

I looked back at 2 years ago when I first stumbled onto the Raw Food Diet. At that time, information was rather limited; but nonetheless enough to make some DIY trials at home. My initial reaction was skeptism - chewing on raw broccoli weren't too appealing; however, curiousty soon got the better of me. Then and there, I started my first encounter with Raw Foods.

For 3 days, eating nothing else but fruits, raw vegetables & avocados, I dived totally into raw foods! The first day was pretty normal, except that I was constantly hungry. The first wierd thing happened on the morning of the second day. I woke at 5 am - this was 3 hrs earlier than my usual wake time. Even wierder than this was - I felt pretty fresh and the grogginess lasted only a few minutes.

I went about my day as usual, still sticking to raw foods, but getting quite sick of bananas & fruits. I did not prepare any recipes simply because I didn't believe in the theory yet. However, my energy level seemed to be uncommonly high for a shorter sleep time.

By the third day, there was so much energy that I didn't know what to do with it!! I became so bored after accomplishing all my usual stuff that I literally sat down & watched if I could catch my fingernails growing. At that time, there was also a wierd & unfamiliar feeling. It was not fear, not joy, not sadness... none of the usual feelings we have.

After telling my friends about it, they thought I had gone insane. Well, it could have been possible to tell them to try it for themselves, but at that time, it felt silly for even bringing it up! So I kept it to myself, and unfortunately, I fell off the diet.

It was only 2 years later that I realise what that 'wierd' emotion was about.

It was mental clarity - after living a good 27 years of mostly an unconscious life. It was a combination of joy, empowerment, revelation, sadness & sense of responsibility (yes - in this particular order!). It was only during the Teachers' training on Raw Food Chef (in Kittery, Maine) that all these were put into perspective.

And right now, while I write this Blog, I'm so clear that I'm headed in the right direction. It is my desire to share all that I know with everyone else who has made this choice, to help & motivate one another, not only in Singapore, but all over the world especially Asia!

Binaural Sound Therapy


Cheers!
To Abundance, Love, Joy & Peace :)

(C) Copyright, 2008 Linda Loo

No comments: